[mythtv] Truncated translation

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 00:41:08 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 4:33 PM, Daniel Kristjansson
<danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:

> Arclight is different, it is not a theme installed by default so it
> is has more latitude and can be English only. Robert might apply a
> patch which doesn't require significant changes to the layout, but
> that is totally up to him.

I'd certainly be open to considering changes which don't feel like
they compromise the look/feel, but speaking for those particular
widgets, they're awful wide and the text is small to begin with.
These particular strings are definitely the hardest to deal with in
themes because they are just way, way longer than any other strings--
it's a tough call.  You almost need a custom widget just for these
particular strings.  Anyway, if you want to play with it in Arclight
and propose something in this thread, I'm willing to take a look in
French and English and see how it "feels."

Robert