[mythtv] Working on a "Bookmarked videos" feature in MythVideo

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 22:47:14 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Eggert Thorlacius <eggi at menandmice.com> wrote:

> On 8.3.2010, at 19:05, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 03/08/2010 06:38 AM, Eggert Thorlacius wrote:
>>> I am working on a patch to MythVideo that will pop up a window listing all videos with bookmarks, allowing the user to select and play one of the quickly
>>>

>> Rather than make a single-use screen (that's useful only for a very small number of users), please add a new filter criterion to allow users to specify filter by hasbookmark or not hasbookmark (or neither).  Then, all the other screens/views will apply.
>
> Well, the idea was that this screen would let you quickly jump to one of the three-four videos that you are in the process of watching.  I find that the filter is not very well suited for this, because after filtering you still have to navigate down the folder hierarchy (or switching to flat view and then back again once you've watched the show).  I'm stealing this feature from the TViX media players where I find it very useful.
>
> ET

Eggert,

Mike posted his above suggestion somewhat at my behest.  Speaking as
the person likely to review the patch, I am strongly opposed to adding
another themed screen when I feel that something like a filtered group
of videos is more appropriate.  I don't want you to go through a lot
of effort and then feel like your efforts are unappreciated if/when I
don't apply the patch.  Of course, there's nothing preventing you
using your code yourself, just want you to know that my instinct is to
say you are probably going the wrong way with this if you want to see
it included.

Robert