[mythtv] strings freeze?

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Thu Mar 4 10:43:19 UTC 2010

2010/3/4 Petr Stehlik <pstehlik at sophics.cz>:
> Hi,
>
> is there going to be a strings freeze for translators? Or have I missed
> that already? I have run lupdate on SVN by myself and started
> translating that but the recent changes of themestring.h and surrounding
> stuff are worrying me. Am I working with the right source .ts files? And
> when's the last time to create a translation ticket to be included in
> 0.23?

Hi Petr

The problem with the current themestrings (SVN trunk r23661) are that
a lot of the strings from the plugins are part of the mythfrontend
translation, even though many of them are already translated in the
individual plugins. I submitted a patch for the run.sh script
yesterday, which I hope will get reviewed by a developer ASAP and used
to generate new themestrings before 0.23 release. This should move
around 200 translations from mythfrontend to the plugins and most of
these will then get collapsed with existing translations.

If I were you, I would start out with translating the plugins, as the
above change will only add more strings to the plugins, not remove
any. If you translate mythfrontend now and the above change gets
accepted, you will in worst case end up loosing 200 translations.

AFAIK, a RC will get released before the final release and even once
the final release is out, translations will get accepted into
0.23-fixes for a week or two afterwards.

Best Regards
Kenni Lund