[mythtv] Ticket #7984: Commercial break detection on H264 progressive recordings off by 2

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Wed Mar 3 05:39:35 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 8:06 PM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> I think I modified the one I used to use, the current one I use doesn't
> have it, so I can't point to one specifically.
> I just tested the file you sent me using current trunk and it came up with
> much better numbers:
> You indicated that the flag points should be at around 438 and 679
> seconds.  Trunk reports the following:
> 2010-03-02 22:58:05.095 Merged Blank-Frame Commercial Break Map
> 2010-03-02 22:58:05.096     13138:4
> 2010-03-02 22:58:05.096     20343:5
> 438 seconds * 29.97fps is 13126 frames and 679 seconds * 29.97fps is
> 20349 frames, so it appears that the issue you are seeing was fixed
> somewhere along the line, either by decoder changes or by the libavcodec
> resync we had recently.

That's excellent news! I'll then wait for 0.23 to go live and test
again when I have it installed. Thank you so very much for testing
this out.
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,
no man may kill a cat.                       -- H.P. Lovecraft

More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list