[mythtv] 0.23 Release Date

Robert Shields rwshields at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 15:03:18 UTC 2010

Sorry, I didn't fully explain myself when aiming for a simple question and
response.

The reasoning for waiting for 0.23: I did have 0.22 installed, but I was
having some issues only after I installed the second tuner card (repetitive
messages sent to the kern.log).

Since I did the fresh install of Ubuntu, the drivers/firmware for the
HVR-2250.  I have been using kaffeine and have not gotten any errors.

I thought it would make more sense to wait for 0.23 and see if the errors
returned after I installed Myth.  I don't want to install 0.22 and then 0.23
- it makes more sense to me to have as clean of a test situation as possible
(this box's only purpose is Myth).

If the errors are only present when Myth is installed, then at least I can
begin to narrow down the cause and hopefully make an intelligent bug ticket.

Hopefully my decisions make more sense to you now (or at least, less
weird).  Please do let us (I can't imagine I am the only one excited about
it), when to expect 0.23 to be available.

Thanks,
Rob

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Petr Stehlik <pstehlik at sophics.cz> wrote:

> Robert Shields píše v Po 01. 03. 2010 v 09:32 -0500:
> > (I have a fresh install of Ubuntu 9.10 with 2 HVR-2250 cards, but
> > would hate to install 0.22 and a couple weeks later install 0.23.
>
> So install 0.22 and keep it there if you hate installing new
> versions ;-)
>
> > I am trying to hold off the best I can by using kaffeine in the mean
> > time).
>
> Weird approach. Go for the current MythTV 0.22 - the running
> installation doesn't break when a new release goes out, don't worry.
>
> Petr

Rob Shields
Email: rwshields at gmail.com
CWRU Computer Science PhD Student