[mythtv] OSD timeout settings

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jun 16 21:30:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 07:06:49AM +1000, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> I give you an example on when/where it can be an issue...
>
> It happened just today..
>
> Wife is watching LiveTV, she's about to change channels, when she
> realises that something of interest is being displayed. She want to
> write it down.
> By the time she realised, she presses exit (she press info , and press
> exit to make it disappear). Unfortunately, this coincides with the
> timeout, she ends up on the main menu instead. Used to display for
> 10s, now it's 5s she isn't used to that

No matter what the timeout, that could happen.

So either you need a different dedicated key to exit viewing rather
than cancel menus, or you use the same button (info in this case) to both
display and undisplay the OSD (which is apparently already the case).

Certainly having a seperate 'exit to menu' other than escape might
be desirable, or having confirmation before doing so.  I haven't looked
if that is currently possible or not.

--
Len Sorensen