[mythtv] Disappearing bookmark in trunk

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 13:26:17 UTC 2010

I am running trunk, r25087.  Recently bookmarks stopped working.  Set
a bookmark, exit playback, and restart playback, and it starts from
the beginning rather than from the bookmark.

Running the frontend with -v database gives log entries like this when
a bookmark is set:

2010-06-11 06:02:34.356 MSqlQuery::exec(DBManager0) DELETE FROM
recordedmarkup WHERE chanid = '1021' AND STARTTIME =
'2010-05-24T19:59:00' AND type = '2' ;
2010-06-11 06:02:34.359 MSqlQuery::exec(DBManager1) INSERT INTO
recordedmarkup (chanid, starttime, mark, type) VALUES ( '1021' ,
'2010-05-24T19:59:00' , '7900', '2' );

In another window I repeatedly execute a SQL query:

mysql> select * from recordedmarkup where chanid=1021 and
starttime='2010-05-24T19:59:00' and type=2;

For around one second after setting the bookmark, an entry in
recordedmarkup shows up, then mysteriously disappears.  There are no
other entries in the frontend log referencing the recordedmarkup
table.  There are no entries in the backend log (also running with -v
database) referencing recordedmarkup.

Is anyone else seeing this?  Any guesses on who is secretly removing
my bookmarks?

Jim