[mythtv] Bug about backend lockups
michael_zanetti at gmx.net
Tue Jun 1 16:42:09 UTC 2010
thanks for your reply.
On Tuesday 01 June 2010 18:18:27 Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Michael Zanetti <michael_zanetti at gmx.net>
> > I have recompiled mythtv now as a debug build, attached gdb and will
> > provide a trace next time the backend locks up. Also, I would like to
> > communicate with dude71 at ... who seems to have the same issue.
> > Unfortunately, since trac doesn't show the full mail address and the bug
> > is locked, I have no way to get in touch with him.
> Hi Michael,
> We appreciate your willingness to offer any requested information,
> however, the other guy's diagnostic data is useless to us as it
> utilizes an illegal (in the territory of MythTV devs) and
> unsupportable data path by utilizing softcams. In short, any
> information he would provide you or us is comprimised. If you are
> doing the same, we are equally unable to touch the report. (I'm not
> saying you are, but if you were, and that was the common thread
> between you two, then it's a report we can and will have nothing to do
> with). If you are not using a softcam, then you can probably provide
> the backtrace of the hung backend in this thread, and if it's
> determined that there's something we can help with, we can go to trac
No, I'm not using a softcam. I had installed an alphacrypt light module using
a legal, paid Premiere card some time ago. However, since Premiere changed its
encryption to prevent alphacrypt light modules from working here in Germany I
have cancelled my contract with them and also removed the card, cam and
alphacrypt light module from my system. I'm not using any pay-TV any more. Not
by paying, not by cracking. It's all about free-TV here (btw. thanks for
mythcommflag :) ). Of course I can understand that you don't want to have
anything to do with softcams, as neither do I.
OK, I will try to create a trace once the backend locks up again (Usually it
happens about twice a week). Currently I have started "gdb mythbackend -x
gdbcommands" inside a screen session over ssh. I will disable the automatic
shutdown until I have something usable.
Hopefully we can solve this as its really decreasing the backends value for
me. Especially when I'm off for holidays or the like I'm never sure the backend
keeps running that long.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the mythtv-dev