[mythtv] Recording series with different titles on DVB

Rune Petersen rune at megahurts.dk
Sat Jul 31 23:16:35 UTC 2010

On 2010-07-31 21:00, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 31 July 2010 18:20, Rune Petersen<rune at megahurts.dk>  wrote:
>> On 2010-07-31 18:05, Mark wrote:
>>>
>>>     My DVB-C provider (Yousee) has decided to put episode information in
>>>     the event title, which mythtv interprets as different programs.
>>>
>>>     Since mythtv already can store the seriesid from the
>>>     content_identifier_descriptor I was thinking of either add a new
>>>     query for services, or modifying some of the existing queries to
>>>     prefer the seriesid over the title.
>>>
>>>     any comments are welcome.
>>>
>>>     Also if someone could point out to me where the queries are located
>>>     I would be grateful.
>>>
>>> I may be way off the mark here, but wouldn't the best way to address
>>> this be an eit_fixup?
>>
>> AFAIK according to the DVB standard it is perfectly legal to have different
>> titles for different episodes/events in a series.
>>
>> With better/any "record series" support, this issue would not exist.Also it
>> would allow for improvements to the recording GUI (series could be handled
>> differently).
>>
>> Personally I'd much rather fix the issue in a general way, rather then just
>> adding a fixup for my provider.
>
> A similar issue was reported last year - please see:

> The /correct solution/ if your DVB provider includes valid
> seriesid/programids would be to use serieslink-type functionality in
> the recording rule and dupe detection, as this is what it was designed
> for.
>
> The use of EIT fixups within the internal EIT scanner is being kept to
> a minimum for performance and maintainability reasons - the regexps
> are built at compile time.
>
> My reply in the thread above was to consider using an XMLTV DVB
> grabber to allow post-processing of the listings outside of MythTV and
> then import them. This is how the pure-XMLTV tv_grab_uk_rt works, but
> this doesn't use DVB at all. This can handle all manner of mangled
> titles/subtitles and correct them before the data hits the MythTV
> database. At some point, I'm going to be looking into a combiner for
> UK DVB/XMLTV listings to provide the richest listings possible.
>
> As Mike says in his reply - the /current best solution/ (and if your
> DVB provider does not transmit seriesid/programid information) is the
> use of power rules to look for specific strings in the title field.

Using the seriesid was my intention, sorry for not explaining i better.
My provider supplies seriesid & programids and I have verified they are stored
in the DB with a little help:

+------------+-----------+---------------------+
| title      | programid | seriesid            |
| Bones (21) |           | test/08e018d70bones |
| Bones (22) |           | test/08e018d70bones |
| Bones (22) |           | test/08e018d70bones |

I am currently using 0.23-fixes and it seriesid doesn't seam to have any effect,
at least with differing titles.

Unless the serieslink-type functionality has been added since 0.23, could you
point me to where to look in the code? (I think I am missing something obvious)

Rune