[mythtv] ImportRecorder

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Jul 28 04:14:32 UTC 2010

I'm looking at patch #8580
(add a DEMO recorder in mythtv-setup + videosource.cpp),
and am thinking about using ImportRecorder so do both.

(partly because IMPORT is a better name than
 DEMO or TESTFILE or FAKETUNER or whatever.)

So, forgive my stupid questions, but...

1) ImportRecorder currently waits for an external triggered
program/script to create the currently recording file?

(e.g. 1001_20100513195800.mpg)

2) It ignores videodev, audiodev and vbidev,
and you weren't planning on changing that?

My proposal is that, if videodev is set and points to an
existing file, it could copy that as the recording file
instead of waiting for it to become available.

That way...

A) the file:/ test stuff could be removed from MpegRecorder()

B) any file supported by MythCommFlagPlayer() could be setup
as a test tuner, instead of just MPEGs

C) I can avoid another card type in libs/libmythtv/cardutil.h

Thoughts?

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"People say I'm strange.
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | Does it make me a stranger?