[mythtv] Switched Digital Video Problem

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon Jul 26 21:24:02 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 05:34:24PM +0200, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
> David Engel wrote:
> >On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 01:28:21AM +0200, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
> >Technically, yes, but I'd prefer not to use IR.  I use firewire to
> >change channels and would rather have a firewire solution.  If there's
> >a no-op that can be done over firewire, I'd like to hear about it.  I
> >tried changing to an invalid channel hoping the STB would ignore it,
> >but instead, it change to the nearest channel.
> Can imagine. I would prefer the same, if in your shoes. You run the
> risk though, that it only looks at IR to determine if a user is
> watching.

Yes, but it should be simple enough to test.

> >I'm using an HD-PVR to record so the video is coming from the
> >component outputs.
> So you need a solution that will not disturb the normal signal, a
> true no-op. I do see that an IR blaster is delivered with the
> HD-PVR.

Something that doesn't disturb the captured video would be nice, but
isn't a must.  Since probably anything I record that is long enough to
require such hackery will be sports, having a banner pop up for a
second or two every three hours wouldn't be a big deal.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net