[mythtv] r25410 makes for huge fonts in setup menus

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 26 16:55:24 UTC 2010

  On 07/26/2010 11:24 AM, David Morrison wrote:
> Just to followup - things are OK now.  In the logs I saw that
> QFont::setPointSize was being asked to set the font size to 0.  I
> instrumented the calls to MythMainWindow::NormalizeFontSize to see what
> was going on.  Turn out that logicalDpiY had some ridiculously large
> value, like 2500 dpi.  The desired font size is scaled by
> 100/logicalDpiY.  After rounding, that turns out to be 0 points, more or
> less. The weird value of logicalDpiY came about because the RadeonHD
> driver was reporting the physical size of the monitor as 16mm x 9mm -
> but still with 720p resolution.  Talk about a retina display.

Thanks for investigating.  I'll look into putting a sanity check in
font-size computation to prevent the 0-pt fonts.  I've seen messages
about 0-pt fonts in my logs, too (but I don't remember in what
circumstances--likely when I was breaking my installation to test
missing themes and stuff), so it makes sense to handle the situation.

Mike