[mythtv] Please unlock ticket

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 00:22:11 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 2:37 AM, Thomas Börkel <thomas at boerkel.de> wrote:

> HI!
>
> On 25.07.2010 04:17, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>
> >     I cannot proof that the network problem is a MythTV problem (although
> it
> >     is solved my restarting mythfrontend alone), but the ticket is about
> >     mythfrontend's reacton to fatal errors when trying to read data from
> >     settings. The reaction should not be to delete settings.
> >

> > I'd like to see your frontend logs with "-v database" showing where the
> > frontend is deleting all your settings
>
> You can see the statements already in the last log:
> http://www.boerkel.de/mythfrontend.log
>
> It did not delete ALL settings, but some settings.

A quick perusal of the code shows me that those "delete settings" are part
of the displayprofile configuration pages and normal for they way those
settings are stored.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/tags/release-0-23-1/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/globalsettings.cpp

<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/tags/release-0-23-1/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/globalsettings.cpp>(grep
for DeleteDB)

and you'll see that it removes and saves settings and if you look up that
code in libmythtv/videoprofilegroup.cpp you'll see that it indeed calls
DELETE and INSERT statements and is doing nothing mailicious to your
database and is not the source of your problem

The problem (at least according to your logs) is that mythfrontend, by
virtual of the QT mysql library, has reported that your database is
inaccessible and no longer has a connection to the database.  This either
means 1) there is a problem in the mysql client library on your system) or
2) your mysql is crashing

I'd check out both of those scenarios.

Kevin