[mythtv] Mythnetvision Grabbers Using Proxy?

Richard Nickle ricknickle at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 25 21:37:40 UTC 2010

I've been developing a grabber, but when I moved it onto my laptop (to work on it while traveling), I ran into an issue.  My laptop needs to use a proxy server because I use a VPN connection.

The grabber is using a fairly standard Perl module (LWP::Simple), and simply adding the environment variable HTTP_PROXY is enough to get it to work (have to do this for both the FE and BE.)

I can do that fine, but what's the preferred methodology for Mythtv to set environment variables, and is there one for HTTP_PROXY?

ricknickle at hotmail.com