[mythtv] Temporarily unresponsive BE

Mark irish at irishmark.co.uk
Tue Jul 20 18:56:35 UTC 2010

On 20 July 2010 19:33, Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/7/20 Warpme <warpme at o2.pl>:
> > Hi *
> >
> > From some time I have issue which is strongly decreasing WAF in my 0.23
> > 25365 system.
>
> Please ask your question regarding use of MythTV on the users list.

I wouldn't be so hasty, I can trigger a deadlock in the sockets like this on
demand in trunk. (25357)
Have been meaning to gather the required info for a while now. (I've worked
around it for the time being)
I'd assume we'd need a backtrace of the master backend when it stops talking
to others and logs of -v socket
Anything else?

My problem is triggered when the master asks the slave to shutdown and the
slave runs mythshutdown to check first, somehow this causes the master to
not respond again to any sockets
I can work around it just by not running mythshutdown on the slave.
It's been around a while, I notice someone here had the same problem back in
feb: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/423075