[mythtv] Please unlock ticket

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 20 18:17:27 UTC 2010

  On 07/20/2010 02:08 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> The other possibility we came up with is that you are running a
> separate mysql server on your frontend, and having it connect to that
> instead.  All systems in a mythtv setup must connect to the same
> shared database.  If you are running mysql on that frontend, please
> disable it and reconfigure your frontend to connect to the proper
> database.

Or, once the real connection to the real database is lost, the frontend
desperately looks for the database and ends up falling back to a
database running on localhost.  If that database server actually has a
(distro-supplied, empty/unconfigured) mythconverg database, it would
confuse the frontend and, likely, prevent it from failing outright with
a useful error message.

Mike