[mythtv] Please unlock ticket

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Jul 20 18:08:23 UTC 2010

On 7/20/2010 13:12, Thomas Börkel wrote:
> Now I have proof that the assumptions are wrong (screenshot of
> mythtv-setup) and new log file, but I cannot attach them, because the
> ticket is locked.

As it turns out, you were correct.  When that value is pulled from the
database by the frontend, the default value is 'localhost'.  If no value
is set in the database, or the connection is lost it will use that
improper setting.  While that is a problem, there is an underlying cause
that is the deeper issue.

Your logs state that your mysql server has 'gone away'.  Either your
mysql server has crashed, or you have an unreliable network.  MythTV
does not provide support for either of those issues.

The other possibility we came up with is that you are running a separate
mysql server on your frontend, and having it connect to that instead.
All systems in a mythtv setup must connect to the same shared database.
If you are running mysql on that frontend, please disable it and
reconfigure your frontend to connect to the proper database.