[mythtv] Please unlock ticket

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Tue Jul 20 17:44:45 UTC 2010

HI!

On 20.07.2010 19:36, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 7/20/2010 13:12, Thomas Börkel wrote:

> The entry in your logs that states you are connecting to 'locahost:6543'
> is nothing more than an echo of the IP you are connecting to. If it has
> 'localhost' there, you have 'localhost' set in your database, when you
> must have an IP set.  When you change that value in mythtv-setup, you
> must continue hitting 'Next' all the way through to 'Finish', or else
> the changes will be lost.  You must also restart any and all backends
> and frontends for that change to take effect.

As I said in the ticket, the connection to the database was somehow
corrupt and so mythfrontend apparently:
- used some default settings
- reset all settings back to default

> The assumptions were correct, and even if you are experiencing another
> issue, that is a known and fatal misconfiguration that must be resolved
> first before we can proceed.  Paste your logs in here and we can
> determine if there is reason to open the ticket back up.

Thanks for your fast response.

http://www.boerkel.de/mythfrontend2.log

http://www.boerkel.de/settings.png

The frontend in question has IP address .5, the backend as .7.

Thomas