[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r25086 by danielk

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 19 23:32:55 UTC 2010

  On 07/19/2010 07:18 PM, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 9:40 PM,<mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org>  wrote:
>>       Author: danielk
>>         Date: 2010-06-11 04:40:05 +0000 (Fri, 11 Jun 2010)
>> New Revision: 25086
>>    Changeset: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/25086
>>
>> Modified:
>>
>>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/subtitlescreen.cpp
>>
>> Log:

> I looked into why user specified font loading is broken.  It seems
> that the QFont constructor won't allow you to specify the filename.

Right, the fact that the setting is specifying a file name was what we
needed to know.

> The best way to get an association between filenames and QFonts (and
> to load the font if necessary) would be to tie into the
> MythFontManager class.  I can make a patch for this if that is the
> direction you want to go.

We're already doing this.  See my e-mail in reply to #8674.

> However, all the font settings are now gone from globalsettings.cpp.
> Where do fonts still need to be loaded by name?  Should the caption
> fonts be something specified in osd.xml, with reasonable defaults in
> the code?  Or should the font settings be brought back into
> globalsettings.cpp?

The idea of putting the caption fonts into the OSD theme was discussed
at the time when the settings were disabled (in [25086] ).  I don't know
what the consensus is, but that's my preferred approach.

Mike