[mythtv] BusyBox compatibility

Bertrand Marquis bertrand.marquis at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 10:43:41 UTC 2010

Hi Everyone,

I have set up a ram based linux system to run mythtv. As a consequence i am using BusyBox and the way used to detect pulseaudio is not compatible with it.

On the file mythtv-0.23/libs/libmyth/util.cpp (line 1281), ps -ae is used to detect if pulseaudio is running or not and this command does not work with busybox at all (the e is not supported and as a result you get grep pulseaudio in the list of results).

For now on i have made a custom patch completely disabling this function and simply returning false without checking anything (as there is only alsa and no pulseaudio at all on my system).

The question is now, couldn't we have a disable-audio-pulse option in configure (as we have for oss) in order to reduce mythtv size for such kind of system.

An other solution to solve this problem would be to simply remove the ifdef in the function as the ps -ax command with grep -v grep would work on any linux system i think (busybox or not).

Regards

Bertrand