[mythtv] EIT updates for in-progress recordings

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Wed Jul 7 15:02:41 UTC 2010

Den 24. juni 2010 18:14, skrev Håkon Alstadheim:
> Den 24. juni 2010 14:45, skrev Malcolm Parsons:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Last night the BBC's coverage of "Wimbledon 2010" overran due to
>> coverage of a record breaking tennis match.
>>
>> The EIT was updated several times, changing the start and end of the
>> following programme - "Today at Wimbledon".
>>
>> Both programmes were set to be recorded, and I ended up with 1
>> recording of "Wimbledon 2010" and 9 recordings of various parts of
>> what should have been "Today at Wimbledon".
>>
>> I was watching the programme live, so was able to stop the duplicate
>> recordings, but had to keep switching to a different recording when
>> the one I was watching stopped recording.  It might have been easier
>> to switch to Live TV.
>>
>> I'm using MythTV 0.23-fixes.
>>
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7369 describes similar behaviour
>> with MythTV 0.21, but the ticket was closed as being a rare case.
>>
>> Is anyone else affected by this misbehaviour?
>>
>> Would it be difficult for MythTV to just make one long recording?
>>

> I get this on movies from DVB-T in Norway at least once a week. Bugged
> the hell out of me until I realized what was happening.  Quite often
> late night movies are scheduled for something like 22:50, and then
> rescheduled to something like 22:48. I always record a couple of
> minutes before program-start, so I end up with two recordings. The
> second recording, supposedly starting at 22:48, often starts recording
> LATER, so it misses the start. Often only one of the scheduled
> showings have a proper description. So, I end up with one showing of
> the full movie and one amputated. Which one has the proper description
> seems a bit random to me, but I have a hunch that there is a
> difference between long-term and short-term EIT data.
Update: Just noticed a movie started recording twice. Half an hour after
the movie started recording (no description available), a new recording
starts, this time with description and end-time 53 seconds later than
the previous recording. I don't have the program table from before the
movie actually started showing, but currently it shows:

  +--------+---------------------+---------------------+-------------+
| chanid | starttime           | endtime             | title       |
+--------+---------------------+---------------------+-------------+
|   2002 | 2010-07-07 15:39:29 | 2010-07-07 17:15:53 | Dilligensen |

My guess is it originally showed 15:40:00 to 17:15:00. At least the
first recording (including two minutes hard padding) started recording
at 15:38:00, and is set to end at 17:17:00, also with two minutes hard
padding.

Håkon Alstadheim / N-7510 Skatval / email:hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
tlf: 74 82 60 27 mob: 47 35 39 38
http://alstadheim.priv.no/hakon/