[mythtv] PPC and OsX quartz renderer

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 06:31:40 UTC 2010

On 5 July 2010 13:16, Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:
>> I used opengl a long time until 0.22 (if I remember correctly), now there
>> is a shift of -1,-1 of the video picture which leaves permanent lines on
>> right and bottom corner. Very nasty.
>
> Annoying, but probably easily fixed,
> with something like the following (untested):
>

> VideoOutputOpenGL::MoveResize()
> {
>    QMutexLocker locker(&gl_context_lock);
> #ifdef Q_WS_MACX
>    // Apple OpenGL is offset vert/hor by one pixel, so...
>    display_video_rect.moveLeft(1);
>    display_video_rect.moveTop(1)
> #endif
>    VideoOutput::MoveResize();
> }

Is this true? I've never hear it before and can't find any reference.

>> Also the output window does not
>> properly ineract with osx window manager: on "apple+tab" the input focus
>> changes to the next application but the opengl output stays on top.
>
> Yes, I'm still thinking about that one, along with the Apple-Q probs.
>
> Another OpenGL problem: if the window has decorations
> (i.e. the buttons and title), that is not taken into
> account in the rendered overlay's offset.

Is this with trunk or 0.23-fixes? and are you talking about the UI
window or the video window? Following the osd merge, the opengl video
renderer uses the same core code base as the UI renderer (which is all
sub-classed from QGLContext) - so any problems should either be ironed
out or consistent between the two.

regards

Mark