[mythtv] MythArchive: tcrequant now deprecated: is there an alternative?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Jan 31 19:14:06 UTC 2010

John Pilkington wrote:

> [...]

Michael Haas wrote:
Vamps might work: http://vamps.sourceforge.net/

Its exactly a year since these posts. That was the only reply and I
eventually got a vamps-based solution that more-or-less worked.  Last
week I tried searching again and found a real solution, still based
directly on the newer requantisation code released by Metakine but now
adapted for simple use under Linux.

http://code.flexion.org/M2VRequantiser.html

In order to use it I've made changes to mythburn.py, but my current
version has other unrelated changes that won't be to everyone's taste.
The story so far, with my diff file, is here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/atrpms/users/13558#13558

HTH

John Pilkington