[mythtv] dvd-ui.xml broken?

Todd Brunhoff toddb at nvr.com
Sat Jan 30 20:34:42 UTC 2010

When ripping a DVD in mythtv 0.22, I note that while most of the
metadata is filled in when I load a DVD (titles, duration, etc), the
title remains "Unknown". This worked in 0.21. The frontend says that it
loads the ui from /usr/share/mythtv/themes/default-wide/dvd-ui.xml (my
selected theme is Terra). I have the current svn sources and
mythplugins/mythvideo/theme/default-wide/dvd-ui.xml has not changed.
This probably means that either the bug was in code that feeds the xml
the name, or the bug has not been noticed.  I'm running fedora 12 with
the mythtv 0.22 that comes can be installed with yum.

If it is fixed in current svn code, perhaps I'll go back to a custom
build. If its a bug in the dvd-ui.xml, perhaps it is a keyword that is
incorrect. Give me a hint and I'll submit a patch. If the bug is in code
but is unfixed, give me a hint there and I might be able to fix and
provide a patch.

Thanks in advance,

Todd