[mythtv] Seek (back and forth) broken in MythTV trunk r23186

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 18 07:56:39 UTC 2010

On 01/18/2010 02:42 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 01/17/2010 07:46 PM, agraham wrote:
>
>> I just upgraded my mythtv 0.22 to trunk r23186
>>
>> It appears that the seek forward and backward is completely broken
>> when viewing TV recordings.
>>
>> Lets suppose while watching any existing record (or live TV) I wish to
>> jump ahead 5 minutes, I would normally  press 5 then right arrow -
>> this now always brings me to the end of the record.
>>
>> If I try to rewind 5 minutes, I press 5 left arrow and now this always
>> brings me to the beginning of the recording.
>>

>> Not sure when this problem got introduced, or if the logic has changed
>> but this was a really useful feature.
>>
>> Now in order to seek I must use right or left arrow and watch it seek
>> on screen x3 x5 x10 x20... x180.
>>
> You had StickyKeys enabled--which allowed you to hit Left/Right once and
> the player stuck in rewind/fast-forward mode.  There is no longer a
> StickyKeys setting, so Left and Right are now mapped to the RWNDSTICKY
> and FFWDSTICKY actions in TV Playback context (which are used for
> absolute seeks when preceded by numbers).

I should say, "Left and Right are now /re/mapped to the RWNDSTICKY and
FFWDSTICKY actions in TV Playback context," *on your system* because you
had StickyKeys enabled.

> If you want to use incremental seek, you'll need to unmap Left/Right
> from RWNDSTICKY/FFWDSTICKY and map them to SEEKRWND/SEEKFFWD (i.e.
> disable the "use Left/Right as sticky keys") or map some other keys to
> SEEKRWND/SEEKFFWD and use those keys instead of Left/Right for
> incremental seek.

So this isn't something that everyone needs to do--only those users who
had StickyKeys enabled need to decide which functionality they want to
use (or put things to the "don't use Left/Right as sticky keys " defaults.

Mike (who's too tired and probably shouldn't have sent that first reply)