[mythtv] Seek (back and forth) broken in MythTV trunk r23186

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 18 07:42:33 UTC 2010

On 01/17/2010 07:46 PM, agraham wrote:
> I just upgraded my mythtv 0.22 to trunk r23186
>
> It appears that the seek forward and backward is completely broken
> when viewing TV recordings.
>
> Lets suppose while watching any existing record (or live TV) I wish to
> jump ahead 5 minutes, I would normally  press 5 then right arrow -
> this now always brings me to the end of the record.
>
> If I try to rewind 5 minutes, I press 5 left arrow and now this always
> brings me to the beginning of the recording.
>

> Not sure when this problem got introduced, or if the logic has changed
> but this was a really useful feature.
>
> Now in order to seek I must use right or left arrow and watch it seek
> on screen x3 x5 x10 x20... x180.

You had StickyKeys enabled--which allowed you to hit Left/Right once and
the player stuck in rewind/fast-forward mode.  There is no longer a
StickyKeys setting, so Left and Right are now mapped to the RWNDSTICKY
and FFWDSTICKY actions in TV Playback context (which are used for
absolute seeks when preceded by numbers).

If you want to use incremental seek, you'll need to unmap Left/Right
from RWNDSTICKY/FFWDSTICKY and map them to SEEKRWND/SEEKFFWD (i.e.
disable the "use Left/Right as sticky keys") or map some other keys to
SEEKRWND/SEEKFFWD and use those keys instead of Left/Right for
incremental seek.

Mike