[mythtv] MythExport fails in 0.22 due to missing path in ffmpeg call

Jason Arrington jason.arrington at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 05:08:35 UTC 2010

Quick intro: I'm a former coder who has been playing w/ Myth for a
year or so now. Very cool stuff. Anyway, I've been trying to get
MythExport up and running with no luck so far, but I think I've
figured out why. When I turn on debug logging for MythExport I can see
that there is no path to the source recording file when ffmpeg tries
to run; here's the relevant log message:

January 15 21:45:24 mythbox /usr/bin/mythexport-daemon[17309]: command
= nice -n19 ffmpeg -i /1058_20100115200000.mpg -y -acodec libmp3lame
-ab 192kb -vcodec mpeg4 -b 600kb -mbd 2 -flags +4mv+aic -trellis 2
-cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -s 360x480 -aspect 4:3
'/var/lib/mythtv/mythexport/COMEDYP-The_Daily_Show_With_Jon_Stewart-Tom_Brokaw-20100115.mp4'
2>&1 at line 491 in /usr/bin/mythexport-daemon

I have absolutely no perl skillz but it looks like in the CreateSQL
subroutine of mythexport-daemon it's trying to get the recording path
from the RecordFilePrefix directory in older Myth versions (schemaVer
< 1171) and from the Storage Groups config otherwise. I think the
problem may be that I'm using MythTV 0.22 without storage groups. I'll
try a couple things and see if that fixes the problem. If that's the
case, is there someone on the list who actually knows perl who can
create a patch?

Thanks,
Jason