[mythtv] "Missing Cover" in mythweb videos

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Sat Jan 16 00:53:20 UTC 2010

Hi!

Simon Kenyon wrote:
> the patch just hardcodes the paths - which is unlikely to work for most
> people. all i plan to do is change it to get the settings from the db
> (which is what i did when i was hacking the code this afternoon to try
> to understand what was going on). will submit it tomorrow.

I noticed the hardcoding too and I believe it also make thumbnails (at least that's
what it looks like it's doing) instead of using the original image and asking the
browser to display them smaller which is what was always done.

I don't understand however why it needs to be patched as it works OK here for the
movies that do have covers.

(Mythweb makes a symbolic link called video_covers in data in MythWeb's directory
whichs points to the appropriate covert art directory.)

Maybe the people who have problems with this have permission problems?

Have a nice day!

Nick