[mythtv] [mythweb] embeded flash music player

Pavol Droba droba at topmail.sk
Sat Jan 9 20:31:09 UTC 2010

Hi All.

I made a small addition to mythweb that I find very useful so I would
like to share with the rest of you. I thought somebody else might like
it as well or it might even be integrated into the official version.

I wanted to listen to my music collection outside of my home network
and I was looking for something that would allow me to do this when
I have only https access.

Mythweb is designed to use an external player for music streaming,
but so far I haven't found one that understand https and authentication.

So I came up with a different solution. I have embeded simple flash mp3 player
into the mythweb music page. I have used this free player:
http://flash-mp3-player.net/

Now instead of spawning an external player, mythweb opens this player directly
in the browser. There is no problem with https or authentication since
the player is using browser's connection.

Attached diff files are made against ubuntu hardy's mythweb package version
0.21.0+fixes16838-0ubuntu2.1. but it should be quite straighforward to addapt them
to newer version I assume.

The files that needs to be patched are in www-root/mythwbe/modules/music directory.

In case there are some questions, I'll be glad to answer.

Best Regards,
Pavol