[mythtv] Notice: Python binding rewrite

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 07:56:43 UTC 2010

Hi

2010/1/1 Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>:
> As stated in the above links, mythvideo database access is the only section
> completely altered.  MythTV got split and renamed to MythBE, but all the
> functions are still there. Access to the settings table can be wrapped and
> used in the old format with a couple lines of code. The old logging code was
> almost non-existent.
>
> If need be, I have wrappers for all of the old mythvideo functions, but
> chose not to include them.

I was going to amend my previous message on the introduction of wrappers.

To be honnest; It's the lazy side of me that was talking ; I am using
the python bindings and I couldn't be bothered rewriting them for the
new structure as my daily cron has been working for quite a while
without issue...

Keeping backward compatibily through the use of wrappers to the new
APIs is a great solution IMHO.

Jean-ves