[mythtv] DVD playback AV sync issues: all solved (?)

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 17:23:04 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Davin McCall <davmac at davmac.org> wrote:
> On 06/02/10 02:12, Taylor Ralph wrote:

>>> Hmm
>>>
>>>            m_can_double = (frame_interval / 2>
>>> videosync->getRefreshInterval() * 1.005);
>>>
>>> My head might not be screwed on right today, but: I don't think this is
>>> backwards ... it's checking the frame interval when halved is greater
>>> than
>>> the refresh interval. Or in other words, the frame rate when doubled is
>>> lower than the refresh rate.
>>>
>>> Davin
>>>

>> Err, it was the tolerance put on the wrong side. That's what caused my
>> 29.97i recordings to not be deinterlaced on my 60 fps display.
>>
>> Since (1/29.97)/2<  1/60 * 1.005 which calculates to 16.68<  16.75
>> which causes m_can_double to be false.
>>
>> So you actually have the tolerance on the wrong side.
>>

> Ah, so I have. Patch updated:
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/7067/mythtv.4.patch
>
> download:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/raw-attachment/ticket/7067/mythtv.4.patch
>
> Davin

Hi,

Some of my NBC OTA recordings have stuttering and jerkiness when using
trunk and playing back using the VDPAU Normal profile.  The older
mythtv.2.patch fixed it, but the problem has returned with the
mythtv.4.patch.  I uploaded a 1-minute clip and logs to demonstrate.

heroes_test2.mpg, 100MB
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxETmfuHvGPQZDRmY2M5NjMtZDM3OC00ZGY1LTg4NGItMmU1YzY5NTIzODQ4&hl=en

heroes_test2.patch2.log
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxETmfuHvGPQNzYwZDNjZDAtMjQxZS00YjRlLWEyYTktNTZkMGVmODkzNmRi&hl=en
This is the output of "mythavtest -v important,general,playback,extra"
with mythtv.2.patch applied.  (Ignore the GetNumSetting log messages,
this is something I'm working on.)

heroes_test2.patch4.log
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxETmfuHvGPQZDVjYmRhNzAtOGI4NS00ZjVmLTgyNzUtZGZiNWZlYTYwNTE1&hl=en
This is the output with mythtv.4.patch applied.

$ mythfrontend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 23506M
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Network Protocol : 56
Library API      : 0.23.20100131-1
QT Version       : 4.5.2
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dvb
using_fribidi using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit using_v4l
using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
using_live using_mheg

Jim