[mythtv] Norwegian translation trouble, <location filename="../../xx.h" line="YY"/> disappears after lupdate

Rune Evjen rune.evjen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 09:31:46 UTC 2010

I am working on the norwegian translations for mythfrontend.

When I update the translations using lupdate translate.pro all occurences of
the <location tags> are deleted from the ts file, as described below:

When I update to the latest svn, the mythfrontend_nb.ts contains (first 20
lines):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE TS>
<TS version="2.0" language="nb_NO">
<context>
    <name></name>
    <message>
        <location filename="../libs/libmythtv/jobqueue.h" line="20"/>
        <source>Unknown</source>
        <translation>Ukjent</translation>
    </message>
    <message>
        <location filename="../libs/libmythtv/jobqueue.h" line="21"/>
        <source>Queued</source>
        <translation>Lagt i kø</translation>
    </message>
    <message>
        <location filename="../libs/libmythtv/jobqueue.h" line="22"/>
        <source>Pending</source>
        <translation>Venter</translation>
    </message>

After executing lupdate translate.pro, the following happens to the
mythfrontend_nb.ts file (first 20 lines):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE TS>
<TS version="2.0" language="nb_NO">
<context>
    <name></name>
    <message>
        <source>Unknown</source>
        <translation>Ukjent</translation>
    </message>
    <message>
        <source>Queued</source>
        <translation>Lagt i kø</translation>
    </message>
    <message>
        <source>Pending</source>
        <translation>Venter</translation>
    </message>
    <message>
        <source>Starting</source>
        <translation>Starter</translation>

I.e all <location> xml tags disappear in the ts file.
To my limited understanding this tag provides a reference to the source in
linguist which is very useful during translation.

I check another ts file (mythfrontend_da.ts) before and after the lupdate,
and the <location> tags for this file is not affected by the lupdate
command.

I am using svn Revision: 23520. The "lupdate effect" happens also in a new
svn directory created with svn co...

Because of this my current updated norwegian_nb.ts.diff will remove the
<location> reference for all updated strings which I suppose is not good.

How can I fix this ?

Best Regards,

Rune Evjen