[mythtv] Building myth against xorg from svn

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Feb 9 21:22:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, February 9, 2010 9:10 pm, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Since we now know it's not a Myth problem, how about taking the rest of
> the discussion to -users list.

If I could impose for one more question....  While not a myth problem,
it's a qmake + myth configuration question.

qmake always inserts -L/usr/lib as the first libdir to look in:

g++  -o mythavtest version.o main.o    -L/usr/lib -L/usr/local/lib
-L../../libs/libmyth -L../../libs/libmythtv -L../../libs/libavutil -L../
../libs/libavcodec -L../../libs/libavformat -L../../libs/libswscale
-L../../libs/libmythdb -L../../libs/libmythui -L../../libs/libmythupnp

In order to make things work the way I've always expected them, -L/usr/lib
should be last, not first.  I've gotten qt to add the local libs, but only
after /usr/lib, which means the linker never finds my local libs.

I would see this as a potential problem for anyone who builds local libs
and still has the original system libs.

Where in the various qmake config files is this set?  I can't find any
place that sets /usr/lib as the primary and first place to look.

--Yan

--
If you have eight hours to chop down a tree
spend six sharpening your axe.