[mythtv] Building myth against xorg from svn

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Feb 9 14:38:26 UTC 2010

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> writes:
>

>>> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libxcb-xlib.so.0, needed by
>>> /usr/lib/libX11.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
>>>

> This looks like a b0rked /usr/lib/libX11.so  -- you should fix that!

Well, I borked it on purpose - it was looking for another lib, which I
moved out of the way.   This exposed the real culprit - that it was
trying to link against /usr/lib/ and not /usr/local/lib.

>>> How do I tell it not to link against /usr/lib, ever?
>>>

> Remove it from /etc/ld.so.conf?
> Or set LDFLAGS in configure?

I'll try LDFLAGS

> Seriously, why not fix /usr/lib?

Because it would bork the Lenny install.  I went that way once; had to
rebuild the system from the ground up.  Since then I've learned to keep
the two versions of xorg separate in their own homes.

--Yan

--

   o__