[mythtv] DVD playback AV sync issues: all solved (?)

Taylor Ralph taylor.ralph at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 18:12:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 5:36 AM, Davin McCall <davmac at davmac.org> wrote:
> On 26/01/10 19:32, Davin McCall wrote:
>> Anyone who was experience problems as described in #7067, I'd appreciate
>> if you could test the patch which is attached to the ticket. Please test
>> playback of DVDs, live TV, and any recordings to ensure there are no
>> regressions.
> I have updated the patch for recent changes to trunk.
> New patch (view):
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/7067/mythtv.2.patch
> (download):
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/raw-attachment/ticket/7067/mythtv.2.patch
> Please review / test.
> Davin

Now that it's committed I have a couple questions:

1) could you please explain why KeepPhase() was removed? The comments
would leave someone to believe it is necessary for HW vsync methods.
I'm hoping you know cause I don't. ;)

2) why did you remove the +/- 1.5 frame allowance before making av adjustments?

And thanks again for looking into this stuff it's greatly appreciated.