[mythtv] git issues

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 18:48:14 UTC 2010

On 4 December 2010 18:32, Greg <greg12866 at nycap.rr.com> wrote:
> On 12/04/2010 01:21 PM, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
>>
>> Hello all.
>>
>> Trying to figure out how git works and how to switch to it instead of my
>> svn
>> checkout.
>>
>> What am i doing wrong when I get:
>> # git clone https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/fixes/0.24/mythtv/
>> Cloning into mythtv...
>> fatal: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/fixes/0.24/mythtv/info/refs
>> not
>> found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?

> I will assume you installed git..
>
> To get 0.24-fixes into a directory called mythtv:
> git clone git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git mythtv
> cd mythtv
> git checkout fixes/0.24
>
> To update (while in the mythtv directory):
> git pull
>
> To see what branch you are at:
> git branch
>
> To see the change log:
> git log
>

> For Mythweb Pull:
>
> git clone git://github.com/MythTV/mythweb.git

When I did it, I had to do in the old svn directory.
svn update   (gets me to the latest upstream)
svn diff >patch1   (This extracted what I had changed from the upstream SVN.)

Then, I did a "git clone ..." as above into a new directory.
I then applied the patch1 to the new git directory.

I can then carry on as before, but using git instead of svn.