[mythtv] Extending ProgramInfo::ToMap to get Ch.Freq+TunerID+SourceName into LiveTV OSD -- just need hints

David Kubicek foceni at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 13:14:02 UTC 2010

  On 19.8.2010 13:53, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On 15/08/2010 11:39, David Kubicek wrote:
>> I love MythTV (always used trunk, though recently reverted to
>> 0.23-fixes, because a lot of stuff in trunk seems broken for now) and
>> use it as a DVB-S PVR. Thing is I'm still missing some features when
>> compared to my previous (low-tech) sat. boxes. I tried VDR in the
>> beginning, but that is /too/ old-school for me. :)
>
> We've not seen your bug reports about what is broken.
> We would like to fix them but require bug reports.

Bug reports?? As I've said, I have a couple of "feature requests" I want
to implement *myself*. I'll submit everything when finished, but
primarily, I just want to provide these features to my family. I'm not
asking you to code anything. I noticed that feature requests get closed
on Trac with almost immediate "request w/o patch". OK, that's why I'm
here and just asking for hints and perhaps some basic
description/pointers into the matter.

I wished to extend the InfoMap - generated by ProgramInfo::ToMap - which
carries data for OSD with values for input name, card id and
channel/mplex freq. That's all. The question is where/when can I add
those values into *which* ProgramInfo instance. The object
FE/BE/local/remote relations are too complex to just "do it". I couldn't
find any documentation on this and I didn't have enough time yet to
analyse all the related code in depth. So here I am (or rather, was).

--
David Kubicek