[mythtv] Is /etc/init.d/mythbackend no longer installed?

Jongi jongitech at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 22:23:23 UTC 2009

So I updated to r22022 tonight using svn update (Debian Testing).

I first did a make && make install in mythtv directory. Everything
compiled and installed without a hassle. I then did a reboot. When the
frontend loaded, it told me no backend was running. So I tried to run
/etc/init.d/mythbackend restart. No such file error.

So I then did a make distclean and redid the install. Still no
/etc/init.d/mythbackend. I have done a google search and a list search
(Dev, Commits and Users) and I didn't see anything that suggests that this
is no longer available.

I could add /usr/bin/mythbackend -d to my /etc/rc.local file. But I would
like to find out whether the init script has been removed as a policy to
avoid further complications down the line when 0.22 comes in deb format?