[mythtv] Anyone use MythTV on an XBox?

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 22:02:20 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 15:59, Joe Ripley <vitaminjoe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Mark Spieth <mark at digivation.com.au> wrote:
>>> Does anyone still use MythTV on an XBox?
>>> I was looking at QTimer usage in MythTV and one of the places that class
>>> is used incorrectly is in the XBox class. But there are a number of
>>> other problems with that small class. If no one is using & supporting
>>> that code, we might as well remove it...
>> havent used my xbox for myth in a long time. just too slow.
>> I suspect this woul dbe true for most.
> Same here.  It was mostly a proof of concept project for me... I
> haven't used it as a regular frontend, other than to see if it still
> works. :)

Same here. I find XBMC on my XBox is working as a much better frontend
experience than Myth under Linux ever managed. The only thing I'm
missing is commercial skipping, but with instantaneous jumping (a
minute-thirty skip, if you will) on the arrow keys for the XBox
remote, that's not missed quite so much.
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston
Sent from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada