[mythtv] libGL.so linking error when building trunk on openSuse 11.1, may be nvidia related?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Sep 9 02:20:00 UTC 2009

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 September 2009 11:12:15 am R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> Colin Guthrie wrote:
>>> 'Twas brillig, and R. G. Newbury at 07/09/09 17:38 did gyre and gimble:
>>> I'd imagine most distros have their own integrated versions of these
>>> drivers that do not rely on the relatively brutish approach of the .run
>>> installer.
>> You would imagine wrongly, then.
>> RPMFUSION provides nvidia drivers for the various available kernels, but
>> I have no idea if it has a proper install-uninstall setup.
>>
>> The point is that the .run installer IS a brutish approach. Especially
>> as fixing the 'brutish-ride-roughshod-over-the-users' approach would be
>>   relatively easy to fix in the script. And adding an uninstall would
>> not be much more difficult.
>
> It has one?  From the help text:
>
>   --uninstall
>       Uninstall the currently installed NVIDIA driver.
>
> Isaac

Sorry Isaac, but it does not work.
Ok, to be truthful, I do not know if it NOW works, but it did not work
as of the nvidia driver versions available last December, when I
horribly trashed my mythbox through this route.  As a result I have
become far too practiced and adept at installing the OS, dependencies
and myth! And then I installed an nvidia card to make use of the VDPAU
code, so the uninstall switch has since remained untested and untried by me.

Geoff