[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r21733 by nigel

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Sep 8 18:39:16 UTC 2009

On 08/09/2009, at 9:35 PM, Janne Grunau wrote:

>> Minor HD-PVR fixes; doesn't depend on V4L,
>
> only because we have a copy of the relevant V4L headers in libmythtv

Well, V4L2, but yes.

>> Mac OS X can build it, mis-spelt.
>> (can probably also be built in Windows with minor header changes?)
>
> I don't see much sense in building HD-PVR support for either Mac OS
> X or
> Windows since it will be unuseable there.

Correct - they don't have the device drivers to access.
Only one reason - to build mpegrecorder.cpp so that
dummy file:// based recorders can be used for testing.

Fortunately, videosource.cpp doesn't let mythtv-setup
add an HD-PVR device because USING_V4L isn't defined,
so it is unlikely a Mac/Windows user will notice.

Should have said all that in my configure checkin!

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|  4  8 |
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | 15 16 |