[mythtv] DVB-S2 (failure)

Per Heldal heldal at eml.cc
Mon Sep 7 21:23:04 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 18:03 +0200, Maarten Hondelink wrote:
> Maybe I am missing something.
> Now trying mythtv revision 21279 and patch t5882_s2api_support_21279.diff
> from Janne but I it wil still not lock on s2-channels. It works on
> s-channels. Am I the only one with this problem? I have Tevii 460 with
> s2lipianin drivers. scan-s2 works.

A few things:

1. s2api-support has been merged in mythtv. The patch should no longer
be necessary with a recent rev of trunk.

2. you might be better off using the drivers in a generic kernel
(>=2.6.30). Alternatively use the API and drivers from linuxtv.org

3. It might happen that the build process picks up old API headers if
there are multiple versions of those on your system. Use the
--dvb-path option to configure to make sure myth is compiled with the
correct API. This is the most common reason for the problem you have.
Eg: if you have the DVB-API source in /home/src/v4l-dvb the config
argument would be: --dvb-path=/home/src/DVB/v4l-dvb/linux/include

//per