[mythtv] [mythtv 0.22] Dbox2

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Thu Oct 8 17:12:05 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 07:36:16PM +0200,  Daniel wrote:

> for me (with Opensuse 10.3) and a other friend (with Ubuntu) work the
> dbox2-support (neutrino-image) with 2 exceptions very good.
>
> The first exception : the EPG-Grabber doesn't work
> and the second exception mythtv change permanently the channel on the dbox.
>
> For the second exception, we "comment out" a sourcecode part in the
> dbox2epg.cpp.

please send/submit the patch to trac.

> And we wrote with Perl a new dbox-epg-grabber.

Is that one available somewhere? google doesn't find it.

> Also we would find it very unfortunate if the Dbox-support falls away.

We didn't even know that it still works/anyone was using it. The
code still needs to be completely ported to qt4, i.e. no qt3support.
Patches would be welcome and will obviously prevent the removal of the
dbox2 support.

Janne