[mythtv] UPnP server and transcoding

Jeremy Palenchar jeremy at palenchar.net
Wed Oct 7 17:29:57 UTC 2009

> http://www.upnp.org/standardizeddcps/documents/UPnPAvArchtiecture0.83.p
> df
>
> Search for "GetProtocolInfo()"
>
> So is this you volunteering to work on it?  :)
>
> Robert

This is me thinking about the problem and seeing if it is something I could
work on.

I understand from the MythWiki that there are several UPnP server frameworks
that are open source. I would probably look to see if these frameworks
support this functionality and then propose the idea of adopting one of the
frameworks in Myth instead of rolling my own. One benefit of adopting a
framework is we could get some future enhancements from them for "free."

Are there any dev's currently working on UPnP? Has any of this been
discussed? Recently?

-Jeremy