[mythtv] Safe/Easy way to tweak plugins?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 02:04:12 UTC 2009

I wanted to make some minor changes to mythvideo (trunk), but also wanted
to stick as much as possible with trunk packages from mythbuntu, so was
wondering if this was a safe(ish) alternative to building everything from
source. Basically I install libmyth-dev and only build the plugin I'm
working with. And of course "safe" excludes whatever breakage I've added to
the plugin, but I'm assuming the api's will be compatible.

sudo apt-get install libmyth-dev
svn co -r <package rev> http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythplugins
cd mythplugins
./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-all --enable-opengl --enable-mythvideo
// my patches to mythvideo
make
sudo make install

Thanks,