[mythtv] "videos" widget buttontree 3 col text question (0.22)

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 06:02:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Lindsay Mathieson
<lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
> More commonly know as the video list in list view mode  :)
>
> The third column in this (the actual video list) has the format "{Title}
> {Season}x{Ep} - {subtitle}", e.g. "Stargate Atlantis 5x01 - Search and
> Rescue"
>
> There's an lot of duplicate content there - the Title and Season are
> already displayed in the first two columns. In facte on my screen the
> subtitle is not visible, its cut off, when really its the most important
> part of that column.
>
> Ideally I'd like to see just the Episode number and subtitle in the third
> column. Is it possible to implement this? maybe as an option of theme flag?

It is not something that can be done in themes-- the Show name and
season number only show up in the first two columns in your setup
because that's the directory architechture you use-- but it's not the
only one out there and for now we have to take into account all
permutations, which means TV gets formatted that way in the
buttontree.  It can be formatted any way you like in the other views,
however.  As it is, though, the text values in the buttontree need to
be set programmatically until the buttontree buttonlists are more
themable, hopefully for .23.

Robert