[mythtv] DVD playback issues, revisited

Davin McCall davmac at davmac.org
Wed Nov 18 13:02:54 UTC 2009

Hi all

Thanks to those who tried out my previous patches for the DVD playback
sync issues. After digging around in the code for what seems like days
now, I've changed tack after finding a(nother) bug in the code.

Basically, the videosync object in NuppelVideoPlayer is never told what
the frame interval is. This is what causes a lot of the problems.
Playing around with sync adjustment like I was doing before, while not
really wrong, is kind of a band-aid fix and so I've come up with another
approach.

Please, if anyone affected by this issue can try this patch, and if
there are no further problems I'll attach it to the ticket in trac.

Davin