[mythtv] documentation

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 23:36:49 UTC 2009

2009/11/6 Simon Kenyon <simon at koala.ie>:

> i was wondering if anyone else was planning to so some work in this area?

Writing man pages for the suite of MythTV apps is on my todo list, and
I want to get this done before 0.23 comes out. I also talked to Linux
Magazine at LRL'09 about an article for 0.22, and they didn't rule it
out. Their previous article was not the best, and with many
improvements here or around the corner, I thought it might be
worthwhile to have updated coverage.

I've wondered about writing at length a user guide to configuring
MythTV, but with the imminent release of 0.22 (and 0.23 hopefully
appearing by end Q2-10) and a plethora of likely options changes and
consolidation, I''ve not actioned this. A lot of UK setup issues stem
from getting DVB-T/DVB-S working with the channel scanner - so I'll be
keeping a close eye on how the improved scanner in 0.22 works for
regular users, so this maybe worth a short article on the wiki.

I'm in the minority camp of thinking that having the option of a
wizard drive mythtv-setup is a good idea, so I might spend more time
in the nearer term looking into ways of at least simplifying getting
"the bloody thing working" (to paraphrase from LUG meetings!).

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott