[mythtv] #5900 and AAC 5.1 audio

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun May 31 13:41:47 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/5/31 Markus Schulz <msc at antzsystem.de>:
> no sound, except for 2ch-ac3.

That's just not possible :)
Or we aren't talking about the same settings

> If i disable upmixer _and_ softvolume (only ac3 passthru was enabled) i
> got no sound for all ac3 audio:

I've reproduced your problem when volume control is enabled with
software as mixer...
So at least I can reproduce the problem. I don't hear silence however,
but garbage... I'm guessing your amplifier don't play those

However. if the volume control is disabled, then everything works
exactly like when the upmixer patch isn't applied, or applied.

In Setup -> General -> Audio, uncheck "Use Internal Volume controls"

And let me know what you get

JY