[mythtv] usleep causing compile of 21.fixes to fail on win32

J. Dale Gonzalez dale.gonzalez at gmail.com
Tue May 26 11:45:08 UTC 2009

I'm trying to use the win32-packager.pl script to compile the 21.fixes
branch of mythtv.  gcc is failing with:

c:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/unistd.h:35:
error: syntax error before '(' token

It appears that usleep has been defined prior to the inclusion of this
file.  I tried undef'ing usleep and guarding the define in unistd.h with
ifndef but both solutions just cause problems later on with the declaration
of usleep not matching a previous declaration.

This doesn't happen with the 22 trunk.  I can compile it completely - but it
doesn't work with my linux based backend and I'm not up for swapping it out
yet.  Is there an easy fix here?